Daniel D. Clark, Ph.D.
dan @ ddc . me
- UCSD: Ph.D. in Biology
Division of Biological Sciences, and Genetics Training Program
Thesis: Control of Circadian and Reproductive Behavior and Physiology.
- UCSD: Ph.D. in Biology
- UCLA: B.S. Neuroscience
- Palomar Community College. San Marcos, CA
- San Pasqual High School. Escondido, CA
(For more information, see: Teaching)
- Ventura Community College
- 2015-Present: PHSO V01, Intro. Human Physiology
- 2015-Present: BIOL V30, V31, Intro. Biotechnology
- 2016-Present: ANAT V01, Intro. Human Anatomy
- 2016-Present: BIOL V01, Principles of Biology
- MiraCosta College
- 2012-2015: BIO 220, Physiology
- 2012-2015: BIO 101, General Biology
- San Diego Mesa College
- 2013-2015: BIO 210A, Intro. Biology
- Palomar College
- 2014-2015: ZOO 203, Human Physiology
- 2012-2013: BIOL 100, General Biology
- San Diego Miramar College
- 2012-2013: BIO 107, General Biology
- Cosmos (HS)
- 2009: Cluster 8, The Molecular Biology Revolution. (TA)
- Academic Connections (HS)
- 2007: Cutting Edge Biology.
- 2006: Cutting Edge Science. (TA)
- Mad Science (K-6)
- 2007: After School Science Program Instructor
(For more details, see: Research)
- Laboratory of Pamela L. Mellon: Ph.D. thesis work on the role of the circadian clock in the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal reproductive axis.
- The Burnham Institute (Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute)
- Laboratory of Evan Y. Snyder: Pre-graduate school work on the efficacy of neural stem cell transplantation in treating a mouse model of Sandhoff disease.
- Laboratory of Chris Colwell: Undergraduate work on the roles of PACAP and VIP on circadian rhythm parameters in knockout mouse models of each.
(For more information, see: Employment)
- Ventura Community College District, Fall 2015-Present.
- Professor. PHSO V01, Intro. to Human Physiology; BIO V30, Intro. to Biotech.; ANAT V01, Intro. to Human Anatomy.
- UCSD, 2005-2015
- Associate instructor. BIMM 101, Recombinant DNA Techniques
- Ph.D. student work including thesis research and extensive teaching experience.
- San Diego Community College District, Fall 2012-Spring 2015.
- Adjunct Professor. BIO 210A, Intro. Bio. for majors; BIOL 107, General Biology (non-majors).
- MiraCosta College, Fall 2012-Spring 2015.
- Adjunct Professor. BIO 220, Physiology; BIO 101, General Biology
- Palomar College, Spring 2012-Spring 2015.
- Adjunct Professor. BIOL 100, General Biology; ZOO 145, 145L, Intro. Human Anatomy and Physiology; ZOO 203, Human Physiology
- The Burnham Institute, 2002-2005
- Pre-graduate school employment as animal husbandry and research technician.
- UCLA, 2001-2002
- Undergraduate research experience, as well as employment in the UCLA Biomedical Library (Library Assistant IV).
Awards and Service
- 2013-2015: College Board AP Biology Reader
- 2006-2012: Greater San Diego Science and Engineering Fair Judge
- 2010-2011: UCSD Division of Biological Sciences Senior TA
- 2010: UCSD Summer Graduate Teacher Fellow
- 2009-2010: UCSD Molecular Biological Approaches to Endocrinology Grant Participant
- 2008-2011: UCSD Biomedical Library Advisory Committee Service
- 2007-2009: UCSD Genetics Training Program Grant Participant
- 2007: The Endocrine Society Fellows & Students Day Scholarship Recipient
- 2006-2007: Division of Biological Sciences Recruitment Committee Service
- 2005: UCSD Neurosciences Graduate Program Boot Camp Participant
- The Association for Biology Laboratory Education
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science
- The Endocrine Society
- Society for Neuroscience
- American MENSA
- Clark DD, Gorman MR, Hatori M, Meadows JD, Panda S, Mellon PL. Aberrant Development of the Suprachiasmatic Nucleus and Circadian Rhythms in Mice Lacking the Homeodomain Protein Six6. J Biol Rhythms. 2013 Feb;28(1):15-25.
- Larder R, Kimura I, Meadows J, Clark DD, Mayo S, Mellon PL. Gene dosage of Otx2 is important for fertility in male mice. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2013 Sep 5;377(1-2):16-22.
- Larder R, Clark DD, Miller N, Mellon PL. Hypothalamic Dysregulation and Infertility in Mice Lacking the Homeodomain Protein Six6. J Neurosci. 2011 Jan 12;31(2):426-38.
- Clark DD, Mellon P. Fertility Effects of Tissue-Specific Bmal Inactivation. Poster session presented at: 2009 Gordon Conference on Chronobiology; 2009 Jul 19-24; Salve Regina University, Newport, RI.
- Clark DD, Miller NLG, Mellon PL. GnRH Neuron Locations and Projections in the Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadal Mouse. Poster session presented at: 89th Annual Meeting of the Endocrine Society. 2007 Jun 2-5; Toronto, ON.
- Lee JP, Jeyakumar M, Gonzalez R, Takahashi H, Lee PJ, Baek RC, Clark DD, Rose H, Fu G, Clarke J, McKercher S, Meerloo J, Muller FJ, Park KI, Butters TD, Dwek RA, Schwartz P, Tong G, Wenger D, Lipton SA, Seyfried TN, Platt FM, Snyder EY. Stem cells act through multiple mechanisms to benefit mice with neurodegenerative metabolic disease. Nat Med. 2007 Apr;13(4):439-47.
- Lee JP, Clark DD, Jeyakumar M, Gonzalez R, McKercher S, Mueller F-J, Jandia R, Taylor RM, Park KI,Seyfried TN, Platt FM, Snyder EY. Neural Stem Cell Therapy in Lysosomal Storage Disease. Chapter in Lysosomal Storage Disorders. Edited by John A. Barranger and Mario A. Cabrera-Salazar. Springer US; c2007. p. 197-216.